Proud of our process
We take a lot of pride and care in how we employ Agile and XP practices. For example, our culture of pair programming starts all the way from how our projects get allocated, how our employee reviews are done, to how our office is laid out.
Clients' best interests
We allow our employees to spend part of their time sharpening their skills and walking further towards their professional aspirations. That culture of learning is embedded in everything we do ranging from our office space to our meeting formats to our employee expectations.
For example, we host 'Talk Tuesday,' where our employees give an informational talk at lunch every Tuesday. Topics range from new development tools to cinematography in old movies. On other days, you might hear us hosting design critiques, Game Lunch Wednesdays, Third Beer Thirty where we hack past our own tests, and so on.
We help each other grow professionally and empower others to take ownership of projects beyond our normal job scope. We balance that with having clear roles and hierarchy where necessary. For many, PromptWorks becomes a CTO school or a launching pad into management.
Journey to a diverse, inclusive company
We are building a culture where people of different backgrounds and skillsets can belong and thrive. We are at the beginning of a long journey to make our company a diverse and inclusive workplace. This shift is directly improving the quality of our work. We invite you to come as you are; bring your talents and eagerness to learn.
We train apprentices to foster interest in coding for young grads, women, or people of color. They 'pair' with one of our engineers for 3-5 months to learn coding, collaboration, and process skills necessary to be successful in the industry. This apprenticeship is paid and provides the chance to become a full time PromptWorks engineer.
Convening our community
We want to build a thriving and connected tech sector. Almost every week we help organize, host, or speak at a local tech meetup groups. It helps us learn from others and vice versa.
PromptWorks is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer.
Top 5 perks our employees love:
- R&D time to learn new technologies, develop FOSS, community investment, etc.
- Partially-paid leave of absence, including parental leave
- Paid travel for speaking at & attending conferences
- Team-building lunches, happy hours, and outings
- Bike friendly office (shower and in-office bike parking)
- 401(k) plan with 4% company match
- 100% company-paid medical, dental insurance
- 50% insurance coverage for spouses and dependents
- Employer paid Short term and long term disability insurance
- Schedule flexibility and monthly work-from-home days
- Paid time off
- Flexible Spending Account for child and health care
- Commuter benefits & easy access to public transit
PromptWorks is in the heart of Center City Philadelphia at 12th & Chestnut. We are conveniently located with SEPTA Regional Rail, BSL, MFL, and PATCO.