We've been building great software from the start. In fact, our three founders are themselves expert software engineers. When they started PromptWorks in 2013, they already had decades of experience building great software and deep roots in the Philadelphia developer community. This level of software expertise is a huge advantage. It means your software is never our guinea pig. We know how to build great software because we’ve done it many times before.
Driven by your success
Our success as a company is tied to our client’s success. Literally. How? For starters, we have a “no lock-in” policy at PromptWorks. This means that if you aren’t happy with PromptWorks, you’re free to take our code and tests to another shop. To keep your business, we have to keep you thrilled with our work.
Agile is how we consistently deliver great software on-time & on-budget. Our process for building amazing custom software always starts with a deep understanding of your business and software needs. From the start, we break down project goals, discover user stories, and prioritize the work ahead of us.
Then throughout your project, we stay in constant communication to build exactly what you want. You see working software every week and can prioritize features in real time. No black boxes. No surprises.
This approach means you’ll be continuously involved in the design of your software, features are developed rapidly, and you can give feedback immediately. There are no last-minute panic attacks. We can ship your app quickly and frequently and the app can grow and change easily over time.
High quality code means that your app works flawlessly – and keeps working. A lot of software works fine at first. But then it starts breaking as new features are added, or under the strain of more users. Maybe you’ve experienced this first-hand. At PromptWorks, though, we build code quality into everything we do. We only hire the top software developers and UX designers using a rigorous technical evaluation process. We use automated testing to make sure every part of your app is working, release after release. And pair programming helps us consistently produce higher quality application designs.
- Greg SterndaleCEO & Software Engineer
- Mike NicholaidesCTO & Software Engineer
- Jason GarberCOO & Software Engineer
- Dawn McDougallDirector of Client Engagement
- Kristy HumesDirector of Operations
- Matt RiedelDirector of Engineering
- Steve CleffDirector of Product Design
- Jay NewlinQA Manager
- Thomas ChandlerEngineering Manager & Software Engineer
- Andrew CroceUX/UI Designer
- Ashley HannanSoftware Project Manager
- Ben NovackSoftware Project Manager
- Carleton AtwaterSoftware Engineer
- Chris CauleySoftware Engineer
- CJ GreenSoftware Engineer
- Dan CorriganSoftware Engineer
- Dan McClorySoftware Engineer
- Graham BeckleySoftware Engineer
- Hardik SavaliaProduct Manager
- Jeff DevilleSoftware Engineer
- Jon LongUI Engineer
- Kara LindstromSoftware Project Manager
- Leigh PassamanoSoftware Engineer
- Luis CielakUX/UI Designer
- Mo GilletteOffice Manager
- Nicole PhoenixOperations & Community Engagement Coordinator
- Patrick SmithSoftware Engineer
- Ray ZaneSoftware Engineer
- Rob HasslerBusiness Development Manager
- Ryan HinkelSoftware Engineer
- Richard HowardSoftware Engineer
- Steve SweetneySoftware Engineer
- Tim FloodSoftware Project Manager
Philly’s annual week-long celebration of technology and innovation. PromptWorks hosts events, including the 2016 Senior Leader & Developer Day
GDI provides affordable and judgment-free opportunities for thousands of women interested in learning web and software development. Dave Mox is an organizer and PromptWorks is a venue and financial sponsor.
We love leading, hosting, and sponsoring communities of software developers in Philadelphia.
Philly.rb is the one and only user group in Philadelphia dedicated to helping Ruby enthusiasts learn, network, and socialize.
The RedSnake is a meeting where Rubyists and Pythonistas get together to throw down some hard tech and inspire each other to level up.
Talks, Presentations & Publications
Ready to get your project off the ground?